Changes come around real soon, make us women and men.- John Cougar Mellencamp
Number 4 on our prompt list (find it here) is to discuss 10 things we would tell our 16 year old selves. I have a difficult time being sorry about things because everything in my life brought me to where I am now and where I am now is pretty awesome. Even so, I’ll give it a shot!
- Don’t blow off your senior year. Sure, you don’t really need to go (I only needed Senior English my entire year), but you’ll regret it one day.
- Don’t get so caught up in running away from the bad relationship with your mother that you don’t end up going to college until after you married the wrong man and divorced him.
- Don’t run into a marriage with the wrong person because you’re so desperate to get away from your mother. Marry someone because they’re the right person for you.
- Don’t get married before your late 20s/early 30s because you don’t really know who the fuck you are until then.
- Don’t let your concern for what your family might think stop you from doing something with your life that you dream of doing.
- Don’t let your fear of failure ever stop you from trying whatever scares you. Fear is healthy, allowing it to stop you in your tracks is not.
- Your best friend’s path, or your brother’s path, or your boyfriends path may not be your path. That’s okay. The right person will be on the same path you are.
- It’s never okay for someone to hurt you, physically or mentally. It is perfectly okay to leave the asshole and only talk to him when absolutely necessary.
- You are worthy of the best, so don’t settle for anything less.
- You’re gonna be a great mom so don’t worry. You won’t fuck em up too much.
Follow me on (Twitter) @annalevensonpsy (Instagram) annalevensonpsy (FB) Anna Psy Levenson (tublr) linusbaby1998 (pinterest) Anna Levenson
Check out my labor of love, Global Media Mavens (Twitter) @global_media1 (instagram) globalmediamavens (FB) Global Media Mavens (Pinterest) Global Media Mavens
Our newest clients:
Vapor Smart-Cordova (TN), Southaven (MS), Hernando (MS) Vapor Smart (website) @vapor_smart1 (twitter AND instagram) More to follow!!!
It Works Distributor- Kristin MacDonald- (twitter) @kmacworks1 (instagram) kmacworks.1 and (website) Kristin’s It Works Store