Blue skies, bouncy springs, we just named a few awesome things
A Nobel prize, a piece of string
You know what’s awesome? Everything!
Okay so its The Lego Movie, but everything is better when its awesome right!! Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother is one of the hubbs absolute favorite tv characters so this awesome post has a little nod to him right there. Why? He’s the awesomest to me!
First, thanks to Aaron at Falconer, who inspired me, but perhaps not in the way he intended. In 7 successful blogging strategies (paraphrased) he gives 7 tips to build a better blog. Since I’m already doing some of these, I’ve concluded that I’m awesome and you all should read every word I write! (And if you’ve ever written anything I’ve written, you know that is tongue-in-cheek) In any case, they’re some good tips and implementing them have helped me without doubt. I may not have 10,000 followers, but I’m growing every day thanks to you fantastic folks. Seeing that number rise really makes my day!
Without further ado, my take on 7 blogging strategies:
- Do an experiment that answers a question your readers have then tell the results.Well, being a psychologist and a person who adores research, my poor family has been at my mercy more than once. I love performing little experiments on them from time to time. I guess it’s time for you guys to jump in! Have a question for me? Anything burning (that might need an actual MD)? :0) Can’t wait!
- Wonder at something that interests you. His point is that blogging shouldn’t be your life. I think many of us blog for different reasons, they’re all good and valid. Although, keep posts under one a day. Trust me on this one!
- Assemble answers from experts. Provide links and credit authors. Check! Do I count?
- Invite experts. Hmmmm, I’m not sure which experts I would ask. Guess this one is gonna need some work.
- Live a story people just HAVE to talk about. Well, for some reason, people seem to enjoy what a write. I’d love to put a check here. But, the story isn’t over yet…
- Observe the world, learn, carry a notebook, write down insights, and publish daily. Check, check, check, and check.This is a fantastic tip. I send text messages to myself all the time. I keep a notebook in my purse so I can write if I’m out somewhere. I have article ideas on notepads all over the house. You never know when inspiration will hit. No, your memory isn’t as good as you think it is, no one’s is.
- Become a personality. I think my mom would say I’ve been working on that one since day one. Honestly, I began this blog because I have been writing a book. I wanted to find an agent and, during that research I love to do, I learned that it is easier if you have an “online presence” so here I am. Vaginas, Blue Balls, and Boobies: Oh My!! (Original 03/11/15) is one of my earlier pieces about a reply I got from an agent when I began my quest.
So, the quest continues and it’s gonna be awesome!
Anna DrRuth ForToday- facebook
linusbaby1998- tumblr (an homage to a very very old screen name lol)